Vegan Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes
I'm a chocolate fanatic but unlike the overly sweet chocolate nightmares that are out there, I lean towards the less sweet but still rich chocolate flavors. I use cacao and dark chocolate almost daily in my diet. Cacao is full of health benefits including a high amount of iron and calcium which if you aren't eating animal products, you may be lacking. Honestly, I just love the flavor. It's especially good with the slightly salty taste of peanut products. I like to use the PB2 Powdered Peanuts with Premium Chocolate when having rich chocolatey foods to give a nice mix of flavors. This pancake stack is vegan, low fat, healthy, and great for a busy day ahead.
VEGAN DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES WITH PB2 CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1/2 Buckwheat Pancake Mix (check if it's vegan)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Soymilk (or other nondairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 23g Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp PB2 with Premium Chocolate
- Mix the chia seeds with a little water and let sit until a jelly forms.
- Place the soy milk and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix.
- Mix pancake mix, cacao powder, half of the chocolate chips, and 1 tbsp of the PB2 in with the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth adding more liquid if needed to reach a medium thin consistency.
- Heat a skillet on medium high and spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon mix into the pan to form 4in rounds. Cooking until holes appear on sides, then flip. *Should be golden brown and easy to flip.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining PB2 with water until a sauce is formed.
- Cook all pancake mix which should give you about 6-7 pancakes.
- To plate, stack the pancakes one at a time putting a little sauce and a few remaining chocolate chips between each cake. Top with the last of the sauce and the chips.
- Serve these with plenty of coffee or more soy milk on the side.
P: 32g, C: 80g, F: 19g, kCal: 600
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.