Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes
There's something about the combination of chocolate and strawberry that seems so decedent. It can't possibly be good for you, can it? Oh, but it is! If you ever have a sweet tooth or want to impress someone with a romantic breakfast, these are the perfect stack to do just that.
In order to keep this stack lean and mean, I used superfood variations of chocolate. Instead of using milk chocolate or a highly processed and sweetened chocolate syrup, I used a combination of cacao powder, dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and a chocolate peanut powder for a sauce to tie it all together. To make it into a filling meal, I paired this stack with a heaping pile of fresh strawberries which are full of antioxidants, vitamin c, and fiber.
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY PANCAKES
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Pamela's Pancake and Baking Mix
- 2/3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2/3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Scoop Pea Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp PB2 with Premium Chocolate
- 2 Cups of Strawberries
- 1 Tsp Cacao Nibs
- Place the chia seeds in a mixing bowl with about 2-3 tbsp of water and mix around. Let sit for a minute or two to for a jelly.
- Place the baking and pancake mix, cacao powder, pea protein powder, the chocolate chips, and 1 tbsp of the PB2 with premium chocolate into the mixing bowl.
- Add in enough water to form a medium thick consistency mix. It should easily pour off a spoon but not be runny.
- Heat a large non stick pan on medium high. Spray down the pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2-3 Tbsp of mix for each pancake (I use a large spoon to drop batter in). This recipe makes about 5 4in pancakes but they are thinner than typical pancakes.
- Cook on each side until crisp, golden, and slightly puffed.
- In the meantime, slice up your strawberries. Slice some thin for layering in between pancakes and some larger to eat on the side.
- To make your chocolate sauce, mix together the remaining PB2 with Premium Chocolate and water until a sauce consistency is reached.
- Once pancakes are all done... plate by stacking a pancake, spooning a little sauce on it, placing some strawberry slices, and then repeating until you have a tall stack. Top with some more strawberries, remaining sauce, and the cacao nibs.
- Serve with strawberries on the side. These are perfect with a dark coffee, tea, or a glass of your favorite nut/soy milk.
P: 29g, C: 72g, F: 12g, kCal: 510
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.