Peanut Butter and Jelly Vegan Protein Pancakes
I have really been craving peanut butter and jelly flavors lately... after the gym, for breakfast, for dinner, and almost anytime of day this classic combo sounds good to me. Instead of the classic combo on a sandwich, I usually tend to want more goop than bread. I've been working on perfecting the ratio of peanut butter to jelly to bread in the form on pancakes. Most of the time the end result is so sloppy that it doesn't make for the prettiest picture but it takes delicious. This stack hit on all levels... taste, texture, macros, sweet to salt, goop to pancake, and it had visual appeal. I paired the stack with a fresh banana to add volume and some more nutrients. Serve these with your favorite non-dairy milk and be transported to a simpler time.
PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY VEGAN PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1/3 Cup Pamala's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix (or another pancake mix)
- 1/4 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Naked Protein Powder (or your favorite plant based protein powder)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Concord Grape Jelly (or your favorite jelly/jam)
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Banana
- Mix the ground flaxseed with a few tablespoons of water in a medium mixing bowl. Let sit until it thickens a little bit.
- Add the vanilla extract to the bowl along with the pancake mix, quick cook oats, and protein powder. Mix a little and then start adding water slowly. Keep mixing and adding water until you have a medium thin mix. It should be thick enough where it isn't runny but it pours slowly off a large spoon.
- Heat a medium large nonstick pan and when hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon the pancake mix into the pan in about 4in rounds.
- Cook until bubbles form and pop on the exterior edges. Give the uncooked side a quick blast of cooking spray and flip.
- Meanwhile, mix the powdered peanut butter with water until you have a sauce like consistency. Slice the the banana into rounds.
- Once your pancakes are done (there should be 4-5 of them) plate by stacking pancake, sauce, dab of jelly, banana slices, and repeat until the stack is complete. Drizzle remaining sauce on top and place the rest of the banana and jelly on top.
P: 30g, C: 78g, F: 10g, kCal: 500
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.